Friday, March 23, 2012

Tea at the Moana

Yesterday I wrote about Ti, so it is fitting that today's topic would be Tea.  Particularly since I spent yesterday afternoon at the Westin Moana Surfrider Hotel on Waikiki Beach, having afternoon tea with a good friend. The Moana is my favorite place in Hawaii for afternoon tea.  It is impossible to find a nicer setting. The Moana is the oldest hotel on Waikiki Beach, a stunning white structure on Kalakaua Avenue.


The entrance of the hotel


The lobby 

Afternoon tea is served at the Beachhouse Restaurant on the back veranda.  The tables overlook Waikiki beach.  Sitting there always makes me feel I have gone back in time.

 Entrance to the restaurant


 The large banyan tree in the courtyard




 You can see Waikiki Beach from your table


 The tea selections




Finger sandwiches


 Scones and sweets

Having tea at the Moana is always a treat.  What is your favorite place for afternoon tea?

No comments:

Post a Comment