Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Chair Project

Yesterday I finally completed a project I have been meaning to do for a while. It was to repaint two old folding chairs we have on our covered deck. They flank the picnic table we use for dining (Hawaii having such lovely weather year-round, we barely ever use our dining room). The picnic table is brown. The chairs were brown. They blended in, which is not necessarily a bad thing.  I, however, wanted to make them pop. 

Here is one of the chairs. First task was to sand off
the remains of the old varnish.


These photos were actually taken midway through sanding. 


Voila! The finished chair. Bright, you say?


That's exactly what my family's reaction was. 
"Whoa, that is blue!"


It seems they will have to get used to the
new pop of color on the deck.


As for me, I love how they inject a bright blue into
all the browns and greens of the space.


Here they are, my "new" chairs at the table. I am very happy with
how this little project turned out!

We have two more chairs in the garage. One of these days I may take a paint brush to those two also... What do you think? Is this blue too bright for you? It is such a happy color.

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10615985/?claim=j68xsxk9acy">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

7 comments:

  1. Teal is the best color! Never too bright with teal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The painted chairs are perfect! They bring out the beauty of your terrace and your yard. By the way, thanks for the nice comment in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Jenna, it means a lot coming from you. Your blog is great!

      Delete
  4. Hey, just looking around some blogs, seems a pretty nice platform you are using. I'm currently using Wordpress for a few of my sites but looking to change one of them over to a platform similar to yours as a trial run. Anything in particular you would recommend about it? Home Design Ideas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      Blogger is the only platform I am familiar with, I have never tried Wordpress. So it would be hard for me to compare. What I like about Blogger is that it is very easy use. I upload all my photos to Google Plus and post them on the blog from there. You can always try to set up a Blogger site and just see how you like it. Good luck and Aloha!

      Delete