Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Gardens at the Biltmore

Aloha readers! Today's post is of a place we visited toward the end of our summer travels. Instead of going chronologically I am just going to write about these places randomly. The point is not to recreate our trip, it is to share with you some of the lovely spots, great architecture or natural beauty we got to experience.

Today, I am posting some of the pictures I took at the gardens of the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina.


While the house itself is magnificent, and is impeccably maintained,
they do not allow photographs inside.  Since I love great gardens just
as much as homes, I am happy to share my photos of the grounds.














Besides the formal gardens, greenhouses and terraces, the 8000 acre estate has winding roads through forested land, trails, meadows, farm land and a winery. There is also a hotel and several restaurants.  You can learn more at biltmore.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment