Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas At Our Home: The Tree

Every year we put up two Christmas trees. One goes in the living room, and I must admit I am very particular about decorating it. The second tree is in the family room, which the children decorate with mostly home-made ornaments, color lights and tinsel. We put our Christmas village around it. These photos are of our front tree, which I finally finished decorating a few days ago. 

The finished tree is sparkling with lights.


Almost done decorating, only the 
ribbon garland is missing.

We pick up ornaments on our travels, 
like this one from Telluride.

This little owl is new to our tree this year.

We always buy Noble Fir trees, they seem to
weather the Hawaii heat best.

The angel in the middle came from Volcano
 on the Big island years ago. We picked up the 
kiwi bird on the upper left in New Zealand.

A closer look at the little Hawaiian angel.

Besides electric lights, we do put old-fashioned
candles on our front tree.

Old mixes with new: this ball is close to 100 years 
old, and is one of my most cherished ornaments.

Gold ribbon wraps around the tree.

Another ornament from our travels: yes, we picked  
this one up at Buckingham palace in London.

This year, we had to elevate our tree because of the puppies we have. They really enjoy destroying the fruits of my labor... 
Tomorrow I will post the last set of pictures of the decorations abound the house, most of them puppy-proof. Until then, aloha!

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Zsuzsa,

    Your tree is absolutely stunning, and the way it sparkles and all the lights are reflected in the many windows - beautiful!

    The Hawaiian angel is so charming, and I love how your tree really represents you and all your travels.

    A warm thank you for your very kind words on my blog today - you made my day!

    By the way, did you know my father is Hungarian? Unfortunately, my Hungarian is VERY limited, but at least I can say köszönöm szépen for your kind words of encouragement!

    Merry Christmas!
    Helena

    ReplyDelete