Tuesday, October 11, 2016

From Fence Panel to Headboard

It has been a while since I have posted any photos of our small apartment in Budapest. (If you don't remember it, click here.) We completed it a couple of years ago, but as with most places, there are still projects here and there. This past summer when I spent some weeks in Budapest, I got to do a few of them. 

One of these small projects was to create a headboard for the bed. The Ikea bed we purchased for the apartment had a frame, but no headboard, and I have been pondering different options to acquire/create one. During one of our trips to the hardware store (getting supplies for other projects, mostly for the garden), I saw a wooden fence panel that looked like the right size for my would-be headboard.  It only cost somewhere around $20.  I also picked up some semi-gloss off-white paint and with that I was ready for the project.



I sanded the fence panel thoroughly and then applied two layers of the paint.  Once the paint dried, we (ok, so it was my husband who actually did the drilling, but hey, I held the headboard in place, just as important a job...) fastened it to the wall behind the bed with screws.  Voila, instant headboard! It made the bed look much more finished.  Check one off the list of things to do! 



We are currently in the process of revamping the whole back yard.  Yes, it is a big undertaking, and yes, we hired both a landscape designer and a contractor to tackle the job.  The plans are ready and construction started last week.  I will try to post some photos of the process in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment