Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Christmas Decorations - Web Finds

Aloha Readers - I realize that I have been neglecting the blog for a while now. Busy season is upon us and there seems to be a hundred things to be done any given moment.  We are about to embark on our annual trek to San Francisco and Napa Valley - always such a wonderful time. I will try to take photos and post them later. 

This past weekend we started decorating for Christmas. Thanksgiving is done (though leftovers can still be found in the fridge) and out came the boxes and boxes of Christmas decorations from the garage, to be pondered over, straightened out, and dispersed throughout the house. Of course I am always on the hunt for fun new decorations. My puppy ate my lovely felt owl ornament this morning (this was him :-/), so I hopped on Etsy and bought a new one:


source
So cute… I hope it arrives by the time I get home from California.  Speaking of which, some new ornaments are also coming home in my luggage from that trip. I had them shipped to my friend's house in Berkeley, because shipping to Hawaii would have cost an extra $40. No thanks. They will fit fine in my suitcase. Here is a little sample:


source

Mercury glass is just lovely.  I have a few old family ornaments (like this one here), and I have been adding to the collection. These came from Pottery Barn and are already on the tree:


source

On my online wanderings I came across some more beauties. This one is also from Etsy:


source

As are these cute white hearts:


source

And also this felt mistletoe (perfect substitute for the real thing):


source

While these sparkly ornaments are from a British online source:


source
How is your decorating going? Any new ornaments this year? Wishing everyone a happy season!

No comments:

Post a Comment